December 29, 2008

SWD #12

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (December 29, 2008)...

Outside my window... Let's see... I'm at my mom's house in Ohio... will have to look. It's sunny and windy. There's a patio chair that was overturned by the wind, leaves everywhere and the old faithful blue truck sitting in the driveway.

I am thinking... about how many people in my life got horribly sick with the stomach flu this past week. Really makes Christmas an adventure.

I am thankful for... the fact that, even though sickness sort of overtook us this season, it's nothing compared to cancer..... or starvation.... the loss of a loved one.

From the kitchen... my mother made me a lovely turkey sandwich for breakfast, like only she can do. :o)

I am wearing... jeans, black striped shirt over a black t-shirt and vacation hair.

I am going... to play the Wii with my mom, my brother and his fam.

I am reading... nothing. I'm on vacation.

I am hoping... to get home without any more major catastrophes.

I am hearing... my nephew talking to my mom about Alice in Wonderland.

Around the house... I'm not at my house, but around this house, signs on Christmas are starting to disappear.

One of my favorite things... spending time with my mom, and my brother and family.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Hang out for a couple more days, then try to make it home.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I don't have a picture thought today, because I'm not near my own computer. However, if you can picture 9 cases of stomach flu in 5 days, bad weather, canceled trains, dead car AND truck batteries, keys locked in running cars...... you'll know some of what an adventure the last week has been. And I'm still smiling. I'm pretty sure it's only because I've lost my mind. :o)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we made it through all this and pray that you get home with no more incidents.