January 2, 2009

SWD #13

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (January 2, 2009)...

Outside my window... It's 3 degrees, and there's really nothing exciting going on.

I am thinking... about Frank Simmons, my co-worker's brother who is in excruciating pain due to cancer. How I wish I could be the relief fairy and take it all away.

I am thankful for... everything..... really..... everything.

From the kitchen... last night, Jonathan made the biggest stinking cheesecake I've ever seen. It had orange zest in it, and was layered between two made-from-scratch chocolate cakes, with chocolate whipped cream frosting. It was approximately 7 inches tall and had enough calories to equal six-thousand workouts, but holy buckets, was it ever delicious.

I am wearing... hunter green turtleneck, jeans and comfy Friday shoes.

I am going... to try to get my house back in order after a month of being on the run constantly.

I am reading... through the icanhascheezburger.com website. So cute.

I am hoping... to find something interesting to say. Right now, I have nothing.

I am hearing... nothing. It's silent again.... one of those rare moments.

Around the house... I just replaced my Coca-Cola decorative stuff in the bathroom with the new black bear stuff I got for Christmas. SO exciting!!

One of my favorite things... I have too many favourites right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Sleep.
Clean.
Finish a game of Mexican Train Dominoes.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... My mother had this shadow box made for me for Christmas. It has "Grandma stuff" in it - one of her pillow cases that I have had for years, three pictures of her, and the necklace she's wearing in the middle picture. It was one of the best things I've ever received. So awesome.

1 comment:

Cattleya said...

I reeeaaaallly want some of Jonathon's cheesecake! ~Heather