March 9, 2009

SWD #23


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (March 9, 2009)...

Outside my window... It's 32 degrees and foggy. I wish I could hold onto winter until at least June.

I am thinking... about how last year, at this time, I was doing the same thing I'm doing this year....preparing for a lock-in with the kids. We have doubled our numbers from last year and it looks like it's going to be a fun night.

I am thankful for... the people in the armed forces who are fighting to protect America and other countries. We have no idea what sacrifices they have to make daily.

From the kitchen... oh, who knows. Whatever I find, I'll cook, I suppose. Doesn't seem important today.

I am wearing... black sweater, tan pants, shoes. So boring.

I am creating... a list of rules and an emergency evacuation plan..... just in case we need it.

I am hoping... to sleep long tonight.

I am hearing... someone rattle trash bags. Lots of rattling, rattling, rattling. Oh.... and my stomach just growled.

Around the house... I did not get a new oven, but the old one works better than it did, so I'm happy.

One of my favourite things... um..... yeah... I don't know today.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
All things Lock-in related.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing... actually, a FEW photographs.... Fifteen minutes into last year's lock-in, my best friend fell and broke her arm.... BADLY. She ended up having plates and screws put in to put her back together again. Below are three x-rays. The first one is the shot of the breaks in her wrist. You can see that the one bone us shoved out of place, and the radial tip on the other is broken off. The other two are the post-surgery shots with the new gear that keeps her together. The memories..... oy........

No comments: