November 24, 2008

SWD #8


http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (November 24, 2008)...

Outside my window... The trees have suddenly turned from their beautiful autumn colours to a bare brown stick look.

I am thinking... about my stepmother. Her birthday is tomorrow.

I am STILL thankful for... my health. So many people around me are sick and suffering.

From the kitchen... I'm looking forward to having one of Jonathan's chocolate truffle cookies. They are amazing.

I am wearing... white turtleneck, black sweater, black pants, black and white chunky shoes and penguin earrings.

I am creating... a list of potential purchases on Black Friday. Woo!!

I am going... to enjoy this coming weekend immensely.

I am reading...the newspaper from Saturday.

I am hoping... I do okay leading two parent meetings tonight and tomorrow night.

I am hearing... the steadiness of a ticking clock.

Around the house... I am enjoying having Christmas decorations for the first time in my adult life.

One of my favorite things... the smell of pine trees. There's just nothing like it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Two meetings, a girls' night, Thanksgiving day fun and 4:00AM Black Friday shopping!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... My larger-than-life cat thinks he's a tiny baby, and must have four treats every night before bed. Lately, after the treat ritual, he's taken to pawing at my cheek and my covers until I let him in. He then curls up as close to me as possible (as in, if he were any closer, he'd be wearing my pajamas), puts his head on my pillow and falls asleep. I was able to snap a couple of not-so-good pictures with my phone the other night. Isn't he goofy? What a goob.


3 comments:

4ddintx said...

I love the picture you posted of yourself.

Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your shopping on Friday!

Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosty....do you think of yourself as a simple woman?

Anonymous said...

Alligi looks so snuggly cute! Your profile picture is great; you are beautiful Michele!

~Heather