November 17, 2008

SWD #7

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (November 17, 2008)...

Outside my window... I am finally starting to see signs of winter. It's about time.

I am thinking... about how my motives have been judged by someone who ought to know better, and how badly that hurts.

I am thankful for... my health.

From the kitchen... I'm stuck on Cap'n Crunch Christmas Crunchberries. So nutritious.

I am wearing... black turtleneck, tan pants, black shoes. It was the first thing I saw in the closet this morning.

I am creating... a list of items to be covered in a meeting later today. Hope I have all my ducks in a row. What in the world does that mean, anyway.... to have all your ducks in a row? I've never seen anyone line up ducks.

I am going... to clean my kitchen tonight. I think.

I am reading...nope.... still no time to read, though I did read some of the newspaper last night.

I am hoping... my mother actually gets her late birthday present today.

I am hearing... extremely harsh words echoing in my head.

Around the house... I must empty the litter box, lest the beast begin to rebel.

One of my favorite things... Christmas movies.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Helping my friend paint her bedroom.
Paying bills.
Other insignificant stuff.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... For Administrative Professionals Day this year, someone gave me a miniature rose bush. It blossomed well inside the office with little quarter-size mini roses. However, I soon discovered it had been taken over by gnats, so I set it outside the back door, thinking it would die. Well.... not only did it stay alive, but it decided to valiantly put out one last little blossom. It fought and fought and FINALLY opened up its petite petals. The next day it snowed and the little rose died. The end. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great daybook!!!
Cute "story"....the end
LOL
How are you doing?

Blessings,
GrandmaStarr(Judi)

Anonymous said...

I did receive a wonderful gift of self portraits of my daughter today. They are absolutely beautiful.