December 21, 2009

SWD #41

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY... December 21, 2009

Outside my window... It's 18 degrees and cloudy. A lovely winter day.

I am thinking... about how hard it is to get attached to people, because I'm afraid of having to say goodbye. I didn't realize I was so guarded until this last week.

I am thankful for... first, that my mom made it here safely. And second, for the opportunity I had to work with an amazing group of people. I am very impressed that, even in all of our humanness, we managed to get more than 200 people working together on a show.

I am wearing... black shirt, black pants, new black shoes that make this stupid farty sound when I walk, because they're too big. Stupid brace on my leg makes shoes impossible. *sigh*

I am remembering... that I forgot to get something for a Christmas present. Dang it.

I am going... to be calm when they tell me how much it's going to cost to fix my truck today. I will be calm. I will be calm. I will be calm.........

I am currently reading... no.

I am hoping... that new friendships will be life friendships. I don't want them to end.

On my mind... trying not to get lost in the Christmas chaos. Must. Remember. Why. We. Celebrate.

Noticing that... I am really, really, really behind on things right now. Wow.

Pondering these words... "...not everybody leaves."

From the kitchen... Nothing. STILL no time. Though, my mom has requested chocolate orange fudge, so I will be getting that done at some point.

Around the house... I still have a pile of presents to wrap.... and it's grown. Soon, it will overtake me, and I shall be wrapped up myself. If you find me tied to a chair with Christmas ribbon, you know what happened.

One of my favorite things... Theatre people. They just rock.

From my picture journal... This is my crazy Quartet - Chloe, Kadi, Audrey and Glory. An amazing group of sweet, talented young ladies, who were an absolute blast to work with in A Christmas Carol. I sincerely hope I get the chance to work with them again. Don't they look mischievous???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Glad your mom arrived safely.

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

KDTD said...

aw ... I really liked this! I love that picture - I had SO much fun working with you ... surprising you ... spending every day for the past 2 months with you! *sigh* I'm gonna miss that ... but just cause this play is over - doesn't mean all the friendships are over. I've been thinking about some stuff today ... wanna tell you about it. :) I love you Michele - you're amazing! And thank you, for the honor of appearing on your blog!