December 14, 2009

SWD #40

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY... December 14, 2009

Outside my window... It's 9 degrees. The snow is thick. People are complaining. Whatever.

I am thinking... a conversation I just had with a new friend about churches and religion and families and God and all kinds of stuff. So much to think about. So much to learn.

I am thankful for... kids that teach me about unconditional love.

I am wearing... pajamas. And a blanket. And a cat.

I am remembering... that church doesn't have to be in a church building. It's not about the building.

I am going... to savour the next few days of a play I'm in, as I don't want it to end. I don't want the relationships to end.

I am currently reading... what I've typed in this entry.

I am hoping... that I will see a clearer path in front of me soon.

On my mind... a ton. Really. It's heavy.

Noticing that... it's after 8:00 and I haven't eaten supper. No wonder I have a headache.

Pondering these words... "....when you look into peoples' eyes, you make it about them."

From the kitchen... Nothing. No time.

Around the house... I finally got things straightened up, and now I have a pile of Christmas presents to wrap.

One of my favorite things... is talking to people one on one. Not small talk.... real talk.

From my picture journal... I came across this strange bag of body parts in the dollar store one day, so I bought them to have just in case I needed a good joke. After passing them through different people in the office, I decided to use them on my best friend's son..... on Thanksgiving. I shall restrain myself and not leave the tiny little hand sticking out of the baptismal font at the church. hehehehe........

1 comment:

The Wife O Riley said...

HI! It's Becky Alban, I came across your blog from facebook. I really like it and I will become a follower! I've been writing one for a few years now, it's really great therapy.

http://wifeoriley.blogspot.com