June 15, 2009

SWD #35

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY (June 15, 2009)...

Outside my window... it's 73 degrees and rising. Whether I like it or not, summer is here. Solstice is coming though, and that means the days will get shorter soon.

I am thinking... about how many things I have to accomplish this week. I have overbooked myself SERIOUSLY. I hope..... I hope, hope, hope I can handle it all.

I am hoping... see above.

I am thankful for... a good price on an airline ticket, and an upcoming (sort of) vacation.

From the kitchen... that will be determined by what comes from Walmart tonight.

I am wearing... black gouchos, black shirt, hot pink tanktop, awesome sandals.

I am creating... a plan to accomplish much in little time and not lose my mind.

I am hearing... the sounds of VBS in the hallways and the air conditioner running. Oh... and someone talking about how he saw the pastor having breakfast at a restaurant. It's true. Pastors really do eat like normal people. Now you know.

Around the house... Again.... I MUST MUST MUST clean. It is my highest priority for the week.

One of my favourite things... shoes. I have a ridiculously large collection of shoes. And yes, I do wear most of them.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Clean and clean some more.
Go here.
Go there.
Do this.
Do that.
Accomplish much.
Keep my wits about me.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing... Again, I have several pics. I decided to try my hand at growing vegetables this year. From top to bottom.... what I started with all the way to what I planted. I, with some help from my friend and her kids, hand tilled the space, and I have the sore back and hands to prove it! I planted German beans, green beans, carrots, onions and eight tomato plants. I am SO excited and I REALLY hope they grow. Off to the side, there are green onions and rhubarb growing from the person who used to use this space many years ago... those were fun things to find as we dug out!

2 comments:

michele said...

I am so TOTALLY impressed with your garden... like WOW- fenced in and everything (really smart move, btw, as I've learned from mine, which seems to be the main source of nutrition for all the area critters!)- there really is something satisfying about gardening, isnt there? Great job- and keep us posted with more pics!!!

Grandmother Wren said...

Super Daybook - Thank you!

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there